Beck’s Baptist Church was founded on May 29, 1880 as a Southern Baptist Church. The site for a meeting house was donated by William Beck, and that has given us our name. The church property now covers approximately 50 acres of land.
The first building which was used solely by members of Beck’s was a 30 by 50 foot building built in 1889. At that time a preaching service was held only once a month, but Sunday School was held every Sunday.
Since those early days Beck’s Baptist has had a long history of ministry in northern Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina. The church is a part of the Pilot Mountain Baptist Association, the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, and the Southern Baptist Convention.
In 1928 a brick building was erected on the site of the original Sanctuary. That building is still in use today as our Chapel (and meeting place of our Hispanic Mission).
The decade of the 1950′s saw the completion of our present Sanctuary with additional Sunday School classrooms beneath it. That period, also, saw the construction of the original half of our two story Education building.
In 1974 an Activity Building was added to the complex. It provides a place for all age groups to fellowship and play in a Christian atmosphere. In addition to the indoor basketball court and stage in the Activity Building, our recreation facilities include outdoor playgrounds, a picnic shelter, and a lighted and fenced softball/baseball field.
In 1993 the main Sanctuary was given a complete overhaul. New lighting, a redesigned rostrum and choir loft, and stained glass windows were included in that make over.
Pages: 1 2