Christmas Reflections CD
Performed by The Rejoice Ringers of Becks Baptist Church
Deborah S. Rice, Musical Director
Musical titles included on CD:
- Christmas Reflections – Susan Nelson
- On Christmas Day In The Morn – arr. Fred Gramann
- Do You Hear What I Hear - arr. Tammy Waldrop with Elizabeth Ransom. Flute
- Do You Hear What I Hear – Noel Regney & Gloria Shayne
- Patapan – arr. Martha Lynn Thompson with Greig Ashurst, Percussion
- Fantasy On Kingsfold (O Sing A Song Of Bethlehem) – arr. H. Dean Wagner
- English Melody – arr. by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Greensleeves – arr. Cameron Scott Hagler
- A La Ru – arr. Jane McFadden with Colin Allured, Guitar
- Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring – J. S. Bach, arr. Fred Sokolow with Colin Allured, Guitar Solo
- I Wonder As I Wander – arr. Fred Gramann
- Silent Night – arr. Cathy Moklebust
- Gloria (Angels We Have Heard On High) - arr. Frances L. Callahan
- O Holy Night – arr. Donald E. Allured
- Coventry Carol – arr. Richard Frey with Greig Ashurst, Windchimes
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas – arr. Sharon Cheek
- Siyahamba (We Are Marching in the Light of God) arr. Robert J. Ward with Greig Ashurst, African Drums
Our CD titled “Christmas Reflections” includes many arrangements for three to five/six or four octaves of handbells. This recording has doubled bass and treble lines to enable the performance of existing literature published for a smaller instrument on a larger instrument. In other selections Choirchimes© have been added where they are not indicated in the score to enhance the musical interpretation.
Colin Allured, Guitar
Colin Allured, grandson of Handbell Maestro Donald E. Allured, has studied guitar since he was nine years old. He has enjoyed success in regional and national competitions for classical guitar, and composition and been a featured artist with New Orleans Symphony, Lake Charles Symphony and Louisiana Choral Foundation. He is a songwriter, singer, lead guitarist in an original progressive groove rock trio called Thinking Plyers. Colin graduated from North Carolina School of the Arts June 2001, from which he was awarded the full tuition Fletcher Competition Scholarship.
Greig Ashurst, African Drums and Percussion
Greig Ashurst is director of bands at CW Stanford Middle School in Hillsborough, NC. Before moving to North Carolina, he was a band director and handbell director in Lafayette, LA. Mr Ashurst enjoys teaching and relishes in the great successes his music ensembles and students continually acheive. He is a clinician and conductor for many local, regional and national band and handbell events. Mr. Ashurst is a percussionist with a BME from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Elizabeth Holler Ransom, Flute
Elizabeth Holler Ransom is a well known soloist and chamber musician throughout the southeastern United States. She has performed in Germany, Italy, Switzerland and France and won several prestigious competitions. Elizabeth is a member of the Winston-Salem Symphony and Carolina Chamber Symphony. She serves as instructor of flute at Davidson College, Lenoir-Rhyne College and the Community Music School of the North Carolina School of the Arts.
To Purchase Christmas Reflections
Mail your order to:
Becks Baptist Church /Rejoice Ringers
c/o Deborah Rice
5505 Becks Church Rd
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Be sure to include your complete name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
Cost of each CD is $15.00. (plus $2.00 per order for shipping and handling if you want the CD mailed to your rather than picking it up at the church office)
Make checks payable to: Becks Baptist Church
In Winston-Salem – CD’s are also available at the Visitors Center and other gift shops of Old Salem, Inc.